There are few exercises as powerful as yoga. The practice of yoga offers you the ability to improve your physical appearance, health and even improve your mind. Yoga is truly a whole body exercise that can do more for you than you may realize.
* Improved Sleep Quality ñ Due to the type of non-competitive movements and breathing that you do during yoga, you will start finding that you are sleeping more comfortably through the night. You might even find that you need less sleep.
* Corrected Posture ñ Yoga movements are designed to help your body remember how to stand and sit properly. The more you practice yoga, the better your posture will become because your core will be stronger.
* Acts as a Stress Reliever ñ Yoga’s non-competitive nature, careful movements and focused breathing will help relieve stress while you’re doing it, and probably for the rest of the day. Many people like to do yoga right before bed due to the relaxing nature of the exercises.
* Quickens Weight Loss ñ Due to burning extra calories and improving your digestion, yoga will help you lose weight faster than you will without it. Having a better mind-body connection will make you more aware of what you’re eating throughout the day, too.
* Improves Muscle Tone ñ Yoga tones and improves muscles by making them longer and leaner than other forms of exercise. Many ballet dancers like to incorporate yoga so that they can have long, lean lines and toned but not bulky muscles.
* Increases Mental Clarity ñ While you can do yoga at night for better sleep, you can also start your day with yoga to improve mental clarity and increase energy. The way youíre encouraged to breathe and be mindful about your body during the practice will carry over to helping you become more focused on all your daily activities.
* Improves Balance ñ As most people age, they naturally become less able to balance. Practicing yoga can help you improve your balance and keep it for many years longer than without.
* Lessons Body Pain ñ Due to the improved muscle tone of your core, your bottom, legs and arms, you’ll experience less body pain as you age. The low-impact, stretching and slow movements you make during yoga practice are less straining than other types of exercise.
* Anyone Can Do It ñ You can start yoga anytime in your life that you want to, including during pregnancy or when elderly. This makes it a perfect exercise to start as soon as possible.
Finally, yoga can improve the overall health of anyone who does it on a regular basis. Since there are many types of yoga, anyone can find a type of practice to begin. Try a few different types of yoga to find one that you enjoy and can commit to for life. You won’t regret it because yoga can and will improve your mind and body.